Thursday, February 26, 2009

Respect for the living

Do you think I forget other people even have feelings? Then I also hope that talking about myself less causes me to think about others more.

Men's brains interpret girls in bikinis as objects. They suggest this is because mating is goal oriented. Whatever. This could be learned - They state that we also view homeless/druggies as objects to be avoided. The brain scans when viewing women with their clothes on are different and show activity in areas associated with treating them like humans (empathy? i dunno what areas)

I've heard strong arguments on both sides of the porn debate and want to know the reality if I'm going to be associating with a "sex-positive" c0mmunity then I want to know how it will alter me.

Because face it. What I did to Jenna was so disrespectful that I'm still in denial about it. Made several comments including email about wanting to "try things out" or "experiment". She was furious about that attitude. At first I thought of course that's not how I meant those words. But look at my actions! If that was my subconscious pushing me into a certain course of action, then deep down inside was I treating her as disposable? All I can say is that's certainly how it looks.

And what about my assumption that because she was pretty, and wasn't religious, then she has sex with just anybody? Evil thought... I can instantly see the connection with porn fantasies of the always-available-and-willing sex object. No, she was clearly turned off by the idea of doing it with me! Good relationships are not pouting over someone who wouldn't have sex with them.

So that's the deal -- IF I STOP viewing attractive women as automatically sexually available for me to have, THEN I WILL EVOLVE a way to feel the sexual tension without acting on it.


Explaining my reasons for stupid mistakes is usually a thinly-veiled attempt at justifying myself. Life is too short to waste everyone's time on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment