Dr. R is a fuckwit. He was scolding me about my lifestyle choices before he'd even heard my story or asked what I'd come to him for help with. Maybe I'm a textbook case, but the client needs validation that he was justified in asking for help, and wasn't just being weak.
He assigned me to do some exercises in the Feeling Good Handbook. Now I want to fix all my cognitive fallacies out of spite. Or else he hypnotically slipped something under the door, which I'm not sure how I feel about. Maybe the fact that I chose to be there meant it was okay to work with the part of me that does trust him. It's spooky.
Perhaps I don't know that other part of me well enough to be sure I trust him, or her, with making decisions that affect me. Then again that's what she does all the time anyhow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment